Monday 12 July 2021

Confessions of a quilting Circle by Masey Yates Review






It has been a while since I have read a novel by Masey Yates, and Confessions of a Quilting Circle didn't disappoint. After the death of Addie, her grandchildren and daughter return to Bear Creek. The book drew me in straight away, as I wondered what would happen to the two properties they had inherited, and would any secrets be revealed.  I found the changing view points a distraction at first, yet as the story progressed i got used to it. With Lark, Avery, Hannah and Mary all telling you secrets some of which touched me so much i cried whilst reading the book, it takes a lot for a novel to achieve that.

In the loft Finding a quilt plan the family decided to make it and in doing so they bring the broken family together, I found myself at the end of the book wanting a sequel so we can catch up with Lark, et al. 
The tensions are felt with the sisters but are healed by the end of the book we are left happy and content. I would give the book 4 stars, it is only the jarring pov changes which you have to get used to, and unfortunately pull you out of the story at times. 


No comments:

Post a Comment