Thursday 30 August 2012

DAVID STEARMAN DISCUSSES GOOD PEOPLE AND HIS BOOK HUMMINGBIRD









Good people…
If you watch the News at all you’ve noticed that most of it’s about bad people doing bad things. Which is sad, since most people are basically good.

I found out the other day I needed a video trailer for an upcoming novel release. I’m pretty good on the computer, so I thought I’d take a stab at making one myself.

Most novel trailers are composed from photos. Lots of them. My generous model-friend Katie offered to pose gratis for the shots.
Good people.

But then another friend, a professional photographer named Dona, heard about my project and without even being asked provided me with a boatload of images. She and her model did the photo work outdoors in 105 degree weather, all for free.

Here’s a like to the result: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTmiXISuKnE

That’s what I’m talking about. Good people battling to outdo one another in doing good.

But I also needed music. Yes, I’m a professional songwriter, but various publishing companies hold the copyrights to my tunes…meaning I can’t even use them myself without paying royalties. That’s OK, but I still I couldn’t find anything appropriate in my catalogue.

So I started surfing around the Net, looking for a better fit, and found a guy named Kevin who’d written the perfect melody. When I clicked on the “download” link, I discovered that he didn’t charge for the use of his music. His exact words were, “This material is free for anyone to use for anything.”

See what I mean? Really good people, doing good things all the time. And you know what? The whole world is full of folks like this. They don’t make the News broadcasts here on Earth, but I’ll bet in Heaven, little kindnesses like these are at the top of the Six-O’Clock Report.

At any rate, thanks to these good peeps and others, that my new novel Hummingbird has just been released. 

The back-cover blurb goes like this:
“She feels like a misfit. Who is she? Where does she belong? Is she Lexa, Alexandra, or someone else?
Forced to commit a crime, she flees south of the Border–and a vindictive bounty hunter follows her.
Will she escape? Find redemption? Learn who she really is and where she belongs?
The answer lies hidden in a tiny seaside village where wandering hummingbirds rest their wings.”
It’s a sometimes sweet, sometimes scary, always fun and uplifting read I think you’ll enjoy. You can find it on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and iBooks etc.
Here’s the Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Hummingbird-ebook/dp/B008QMSBW8 Thanks for checking it out!
David Stearman

Ministry Website: http://www.davidstearmanministries.org/

1 comment: